Meet Melanie Darcy, owner of the fabulous Miss Darcy Boutique in Queensland, Australia! With an eye for classic beauty, Melanie offers style for all ages and sizes for any occasion, whether it be a formal dresses, a beach frock or the perfect accessory. Read below to find out more about this fabulous boutique, Miss Darcy herself, and hot fashion tips from across the ocean!
1. How did you choose the name Miss Darcy?
I chose the name because its my surname, and also because I love the era of pride and prejudice, Jayne Eyre, etc. when everything was so formal and everyone dressed so beautifully for every occasion.
2. How do you choose what designers, clothes, and accessories to feature in your boutique?
I choose designers that use beautiful prints and fabrics and also a great fit, flattering to the figure and timeless, stunning jewelery, and accessories to make the outfit pop.
3. What is the best part about owning your own shop?
Being my own boss.. oh and the clothes!! I love making peoples day by making them feel confident that they look fantastic!
4. What drew you to Gioielli by Nikki Baker? What is your favorite Nikki Baker piece?
I was looking for a rose quartz necklace and happened upon the single stone necklaces, but my favorite piece would have to be the denim and diamond earrings as each pair is unique!
5. How do you think Australian fashion differs from American fashion? Is there a hot new Australian designer we should watch out for?
I think Australian fashion is probably more laid back than American, but also we don’t tend to like taking risks with different far out styles.
6. Biggest fashion faux pas?
I would have to say lycra outside of the gym is not my favourite – and those denim shorts that look like a denim nappy! So terrible!
7. Biggest accessory trend for 2013 is:
I am hoping for head pieces, and also statement earrings, and anything with studs!
8. What is your favorite fashion decade? Tell us why.
I love the 70’s, all that sexy soft drapey dresses and groovy lounge wear!
I also love the 50’s with the gorgeous fitted frocks and perfect make up – can’t decide which is my fave!!
9. Must have cosmetic in your bag at all times:
10. Song currently playing on repeat on my iPod:
Everyones Waiting by the fabulous Missy Higgins.